Day 3: Exploration

I know, I know: it’s technically Saturday morning, AKA this post should have been in last night.

MY APOLOGIES. I know y’all are anxiously waiting each post to come to your eyes. I will try, ever so hard, to keep you from waiting too long.

Yesterday (which for you, is just coming to a close) was a very relaxing one. First was a 5am wake up call from Agassy because he thought we were 18 hours ahead & that it was 9am (thanks-_-) and class from 8am-10am, followed by a 20 minute nap that I have no recollection of.

Next was the thing I had been dreading the most: taking the train by myself.

Let me explain: my FOSAL (FOS Academy of Leadership) life coach, Laura, has a sort of mentor who works at the University of Technology, Sydney. And since my life coach is pretty great, she set up a meeting between the two of us. The only problem is that UTS is a train/walk away from the hotel, so I had to make a trek all alone.

Here’s the exact directions I was given:

1. Catch a train from Kings Cross station – you need a train that is going to Town Hall and Central (not to Bondi Junction).

2. Get off the train at Central (I think it’s about 3 stops?)

3. UTS is about 1km walk from Central station (0.6mi). When you get off the train, head off the platform in the direction that the train is travelling. You will go downstairs and then after you exit the station, go right and walk through a long tunnel (about 400m long). At the other end of the tunnel you will need to head south along George St/Broadway. You are looking for a giant UTS tower:

When you get to the tower, go in the front door, sit on the coloured “cube” furniture, and give me a call.

A little confusing, right? But I found it quite fine and all was well! I took a tour of campus (very similar to the layout of UPenn–city campus) and on Wednesday I’ll be going back to meet with more professionals. Yay networking!

After that, everyone went to a rugby game sans me, so I ran across the street to the Sydney version of Tijuana Flatts & got a quesedilla.

Then I went to bed at 7pm the end.

Don’t judge. The sun sets early & no one was here to keep me entertained.

Anyway, today will be more exciting.

See ya real soon!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s